01. When was the UKA International Bilingual School System (UKA) established and what training facilities does it include?
UK Academy School System is a member of Nguyen Hoang Education Group, a multi-level school system from Kindergarten to High School. Established in 2016, UK Academy currently has 7 campuses in Ha Long – Quang Ninh, Hue, Da Nang, IEC Quang Ngai, Gia Lai, Ba Ria-Vung Tau and Binh Thanh – Ho Chi Minh City.
02. How does UKA commit to output quality and ensure that commitment?
After graduating, in addition to a high school diploma from the Ministry of Education and Training, students also have a certificate of completion of the international high school program from Oxford University, an Academic IELTS 6.0 certificate and a JA Young Entrepreneurs Creation certificate. The school ensures knowledge, degrees, and English proficiency so students can enroll in Vietnamese and International Universities.
In addition, students are also equipped with the necessary skills to become global digital citizens, along with a sharp financial and entrepreneurial mindset (JA subject).
3. In the future, does UKA intend to expand its program 100% internationally?
As one of the education systems with a humanistic philosophy, UK Academy provides students with a comprehensive development foundation, from education, skills to physicality, so UKA will follow a bilingual program to Students are comprehensively developed and integrated but still firmly grasp the knowledge according to the program of the Ministry of Education and Training.
4. In the 2022 - 2023 school year, what programs will UKA teach?
In the 2022-2023 school year, UKA will implement (Oxford International Curriculum – OIC) program. Students will study UK standard subjects (same as native students), and be assessed by Oxford’s standardized tests.
Parents/Students will receive specific advice based on the Oxford Placement Test (OPT) results about when the student will reach the Oxford standard at their child’s age.
– Oxford &NCUK program (UK copyright).
– MOET program.
– JA program.
– Diverse and rich extracurricular programs.
5. What is OIC's training roadmap from grades 1 to 12? When graduating from all levels, what degrees/certificates will students receive? Can these degrees/certificates be recognized when students study abroad?
With IGCSE diploma (grade 10), NCUK university preparatory diploma (grade 12), widely accepted in more than 45 countries (especially English-speaking countries).
With a MOET high school diploma, students can apply to all Vietnamese universities as well as foreign universities.
6. How is the MOET program of the Ministry of Education and Training of Vietnam taught at UKA compared to public schools?
Follow the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training with modern teaching methods (PPL, inquiry-based, flipped classroom, teaching through games, teaching through research, teaching through stem), student-centered heart. This project-based teaching-learning method helps students proactively approach and explore knowledge to grasp it in the best way.
7. What is meaning of OIC's Well-being (WB) and Global Skills Project (GSP) subjects? Besides English standards, are there any other criteria to evaluate WB and GSP?
In addition to English standards, assessment of Well-being and Global Skills will be based on activities and projects; and the atmosphere of students’ final exams. The teacher overestimates based on observing students’ participation in class, group work and project achievements through presentations at the end of the module.
8. What is OIC's The Joy of Learning philosophy?
The Joy of Learning is an approach developed in the positive education trend, based on positive psychology research.
The program develops reading, writing, arithmetic, scientific discovery, use of information technology, social-emotional management and global skills from kindergarten to high school.
The program focuses on:
– Health: Fostering children’s physical and mental health, mindfulness and self-control.
– Happiness: Create joy in learning/teaching to ensure optimal program implementation.
– Humanities: Develop global skills for life by learning through problem solving, helping people become more humane in the face of change (deep thinking, problem solving, creativity, cooperation). collaboration and vocational skills).
Advanced learning methods promote academic achievement, while equipping students with the skills necessary for success in their studies and future careers.
9. The Difference Between Benchmark and IGCSE
Bechmark is a competency assessment test for elementary and middle school students.
– IGCSE is an international certificate equivalent to graduating from high school in Vietnam. With the IGCSE certificate, students can continue with many choices: University preparation, vocational training,… and is especially suitable for those who intend to study abroad.
10. Does UKA ensure that teachers use 100% English during OIC lessons?
In the subjects of the OIC program, teachers will use 100% English during teaching hours.